To make an appointment please contact the office on 01260 280800, between 8:00am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. We will check and confirm the following details:
- contact number
- address for your horse, and any specific directions
- preferred vet (if appropriate)
- brief summary of reason for appointment
- date and time of appointment
Please be aware that at times things may occur that are beyond our control, for example emergencies, that may necessitate a change in appointment time/ vet. Our office staff will endeavour to keep you updated at all times, but do please bear with us.
Free Zone Visits
Free Zone Visit
Our free zone visits are for short appointments such as vaccinations, blood samples and microchipping."
Our zone visits work as follows:
- Bookings close at midday the day before the zone, or when it is full; whichever comes first. Please be aware there are limited slots for each day and they can fill up very quickly.
- We provide you with an one hour time slot the day before the visit. Please ensure the horse is ready for the vet at the start of, and for the duration of this time slot.
- Payment is required in advance or at the time of the appointment. We accept cash, card or BACs.
- We also have dental zones in all areas, where the same arrangements apply. A £20 deposit is required to secure a dental appointment.
View our Zone Map
We can run regular dental days on client's yards. We do yard dental visits where clients with 4 or more horses do not pay a visit charge. This can be arranged by contacting the Somerford Farm Clinic.
We are a donkey specialist practice and are responsible for the routine and emergency care of the donkeys at the Buxton and Manchester donkey sanctuary. Additionally, we have many private donkeys and work with their owners to ensure they are happy and healthy. Nic Harries is considered one of the most experienced and knowledgeable donkey vets in the country and regularly lectures on donkey health. The whole team are donkey friendly and love visiting them on farm and when they come into clinic.
Vaccination/ Dental Reminders
You can choose to be sent reminders by us when your horse’s vaccinations/ routine dental are due. These are sent well in advance of the due date to give you plenty of opportunity to book on the zone.
Please be aware that it is your responsibility to ensure you book your vaccinations in time, the reminders are just to help.
If you would like some advice from a vet over the telephone regarding your horse or pony, please contact the office, and we will arrange for a vet to give you a call as soon as practical.
We are able to undertake 2 stage and 5 stage Pre-Purchase Examinations on yard. We do require adequate facilities to perform all the necessary assessments on yard including a stable and a hard non-slip and flat surface for trotting in a straight line. Lunging is ideally performed in an arena with a good surface. We are happy to discuss the facilities we require prior to booking a vetting.
Our vets are very experienced in Pre-Performance Examinations and will discuss any findings on a risk basis and assist you in making an informed decision regarding purchase. Please see our Pre-Purchase Examination information sheet for more information.
We are also happy to discuss your requirements over the phone.